Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Lifestyle Photography - Best in the Mess

With two cute little tornadoes in my house, Big A and Little O, if I go pee alone, I GUARANTEE that the living room (that I just picked up 2 seconds ago) will look like a toy store war zone.  I’m sure every parent can relate!  I know that’s what holds a lot of you back from wanting an in-home lifestyle session, but I’m here to tell you IT’S OK!


I’ve done a session of Little O, bathing in the sink, but what you can’t see, is that the other ½ of the sink was full, and the rest of the dishes that stuck out were sitting on the stove! The extra scrubbers, plastic dish soap bottle, dish drying rack? I tossed those on the kitchen island.  Lifestyle photography is meant to freeze time the way it should be remembered, so distractions are moved to the side, and the sweet moment is captured <3




Another great story is this hot mess below.  Big A was helping me practice a new camera technique with his monster trucks. The mess they had made in the living room was comparable to a minefield I’d assume.  I took these photos seconds apart.  All the chaos, all around, and if you really take a step closer, you see the beauty right there, in everyday life <3
“You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow they will be a little bigger than they are today. This day is a gift. Breathe and notice. Smell and touch them; study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Relish the charms of the present. Enjoy today mama. It will be over before you know it.” -Jen Hatmaker




No comments:

Post a Comment